Today I have a new foundation review for you all. It’s from the brand 100% Pure. They are a green beauty company dedicated to creating natural beauty products. You can read more about their practices here.
They have an extensive line of makeup, as well as skincare, haircare, and body products.
I haven’t tried a lot from their line, besides some of their skincare. A few of which I mentioned in this previous blog post back in 2017. I knew that one day I would try one of their makeup products. I’m so glad I finally got my hands on one of their foundations!
Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored, all opinions are my own. An affiliate link is included at the end of this post if you’d like to purchase from this brand. You are not obligated to do so. It would help me to further create better reviews for you in the future. 🙂
Let’s get right into the review.
Claims by 100% Pure: “Healthy, hydrating foundation gives you full coverage and a satin, slightly dewy finish for a glowing complexion. Formulated with hydrating aloe, protective green tea, anti-aging red wine resveratrol, and Alpha Lipoic Acid, reparative vitamin E, and skin-softening super fruit oils of pomegranate and acai berries. Colored from vitamin and antioxidant-rich plant pigments.”
- Just using a buffing brush. No other products layered with it.
- Combining foundation with two drops of face oil and applying with fingertips. No other products layered with it.
- Using a buffing brush, and then a light layer of translucent setting powder.
None of these methods made me happy, and my skin looked gross every time. 😦 I persevered though, and I finally had a breakthrough.
- Feels fairly hydrating on my skin, which is going through a lot of dryness right now.
- Shade match is great.
- Very happy with the coverage.
- Not terribly expensive if you purchase it with a good sale or coupon.
- Light botanical scent, nothing too strong!
- It has a tendency to cling to dry patches on my face and/or accentuate them.
- The formula feels greasy.
- There are only a few ways I can wear it. It’s not very easy to work with.
- It doesn’t provide full coverage, it’s medium at most. (I’m okay with this, but others may not be)
Overall, I am glad I got to try this foundation. I did consider returning it, but I think I’ll keep it since I’ve found ways to make it work for my skin. I recommend it for those of you with dry skin, and anyone looking to start using clean beauty products!
You can purchase this foundation or one of their many others here: 100% Pure
Thanks for reading!