I felt inspired to make a list of my goals, and I wanted to share some of them with you. I’m also going to give you an idea on how to start a goal board of your own!
Making a goal board isn’t as hard as you think, and it will motivate you to accomplish all of the things that usually stick to the back of your brain and go unnoticed.
Writing down your goals and keeping them nearby is important because:
- You will have a visual aid to remind you of everything you want to complete.
- You will be much more likely to spend more time working on your goals if you have them organized properly.
- You can keep track of goals that have higher priority than others.
There’s a lot of other benefits, but those are the ones that stand out for myself. 🙂
To make a goal board, I recommend gathering these items:
- A sheet of poster board
- Fine tipped sharpie marker, pen, or pencil ✏️
- Glue stick
- Decorative items such as craft stationary, stickers, labels, glitter, etc.
I cut out the drops and the woman, and I glued them down to the board. The rest is easy! I took a micron ink pen and drew four small squares in each drop so that I can mark the goals I’ve completed. ✅
There isn’t a lot written down yet, but that’s okay, I still have to fill it out. I am also going to see if my boyfriend wants to add some of his own goals to the board.
Some other ways to set up and use your board:
- Categorize your goals and write down ones that relate to each category.
- If you have a goal that seems more difficult to reach, write down steps you can take to make it easier underneath it.
- If you don’t want to take on a goal board alone, partner up with someone and do it together! Boyfriend, best friend, hubby, etc.
- Get on Pinterest and look for more ideas if you haven’t figured out the perfect layout yet. It’s a great resource!
I hope this helps you! If you make your own goal board, show me! Take a photo and post it to Instagram with the hashtag #sunlightofthemind
Until next time!
What I’m listening to